SERVING SIZE 60g SERVINGS 17 *Nutritional information may vary by flavour
Lean Shake Plus
WHAT IS LEAN SHAKE PLUS?
Lean Shake Plus is a comprehensive meal replacement designed to fuel your body for the day, assisting in weight management and hungry control. It consists of the highest quality Australian grass-fed Whey Protein Concentrate, natural low GI Oats, added vitamins, and added green tea extract, ensuring you receive all of the required nutrients that a full healthy meal would offer.
BENEFITS OF USING LEAN SHAKE
- The healthiest version of a full spectrum meal in a cup!
- Naturally sweetened with Stevia.
- VPA’s Lean Shake Plus provides the perfect ratio of protein, carbs and fats along with a wide range of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to supply all of your body’s needs. For only $1.60 to $1.74 per serve.
- VPA’s Lean Shake Plus is the cheapest meal you will find with the level of nutritional density anywhere in Australia.
- It is perfect for athletes needing to get their daily nutritional needs on the run, busy individuals who don’t have the time to prepare a healthy meal, or anyone wanting to up their nutritional consumption.
LEAN SHAKE QUICK FACTS
- 28g of high-quality protein per serve.
- The perfect ratio of nutrients to substitute the ideal meal.
- 4g of natural, healthy complex carbohydrates in the form of low GI oats.
- 2g BCAA’s proven to help repair muscle and aid in recovery.
- Multivitamin fortification for energy throughout the day.
- Naturally Sweetened with Stevia.
Lean Shake Plus is a meal replacement protein shake and a Formulated Meal Replacement as described by Food Safety Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) in Standard 2.9.3. Lean Shake is designed to be the equivalent of a nutritious, nutritionally complete low-calorie meal.
Meal replacement shakes are a specific type of supplement that must meet a strict set of criteria determined by FSANZ. Meal replacement shakes are designed to offer you a complete low calorie and nutritionally complete meal. They must include at least 12g of protein per serve, at least 850 kJ or 203 calories per serve, and at least 25% of the recommended daily intake of 16 vitamins and minerals.
Meal replacement shakes work to aid weight loss by providing a nutritionally complete but low calorie meal. When you drink a meal replacement shake instead of eating your usual meal, you reduce your calorie intake and this can help you lose weight.
Meal replacement shakes help keep you healthy. One serve of meal replacement must provide nutrition equivalent to a food-based meal. Sometimes a medical condition can prevent someone from eating solid food for a period of time. This is where a FMR can come in handy, providing a drinkable, nutritious meal.
Meal replacement shakes can help you lose weight. The provide a nutritionally complete, yet low-calorie meal. In conjunction with exercise and watching other aspects of your diet, meal replacement shakes can help put you into a calorie deficit and help you lose weight.
Meal replacement shakes are a fast, convenient, on the go meal. They may be useful for people who are on the road a lot or don’t have much time to eat when they are at work.
When used as directed and in conjunction with a calorie-controlled diet and a good exercise regime meal replacement shakes can help you lose weight.
Meal replacement powders are not pure protein powders. They are usually a mix of whey protein isolate, or whey protein concentrate, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and fibre. One serve of VPA Lean Shake Plus meal replacement shake contains 28.3g of high quality protein, 20.4g of carbohydrate, 1.4g of fat and a total of 216 calories per serve.
The ingredients of Lean Shake Plus are:
Skim Milk Powder – A non-fat dried milk product that is rich in protein and minerals.
Whey protein concentrate (WPC) – A pure whey protein sourced from 100% Australian grass-fed cattle. WPC is a high-quality pure whey protein that provides the essential amino acids needed to build and repair muscle maximizing muscle growth.
Whey protein isolate (WPI) – WPI is a pure whey protein powder an extremely concentrated source of protein with high levels of leucine.
Maltodextrin – A long chain carbohydrate that does not have a sweet flavour compared to other simple carbohydrates.
Oat flour – A source of slowly digesting complex carbohydrates and the healthful fibre beta-glucan.
9 different minerals – Calcium, iodine, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, chromium, copper, manganese, molybdenum. Essential minerals for maintaining health.
Xanthan gum – A type of fibre which helps maintain gut health, keeps you regular, and helps keep you feeling full.
Green tea extract – Providing energy, and also working as an appetite suppressant, green tea extract helps keep you satiated while on a low calorie diet.
Medium Chain Trigylcerides (MCT) – A form of easily digested fat. MCT provides you with energy and promotes fat burning.
12 different vitamins – Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12. Essential vitamins for maintaining health.
A meal replacement shake is not a pure protein powder like WPC or WPI. High quality WPI and WPC like our Premium Whey or Whey Isolate deliver the highest protein content possible. They are pure protein powder except for the tiny amounts of flavour, non-caloric sweetener, and colour needed to make it taste delicious! On the other hand, meal replacement shakes are designed to provide you with the nutrition contained in one complete meal. Meal replacement shakes have the added nutrition of carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
Your first step should be to discuss this with your GP or Registered Dietician.
If you obtain your essential nutrition through freshly prepared meals and are not concerned with losing weight, then a pure whey protein powder like WPI or WPC may be the best choice for you. WPC or WPI may also be the best choice if you train hard and are looking to maximise your performance and body composition goals.
On the other hand, if you struggle to obtain enough good nutrition from fresh foods, are too busy to make complete meals, or are trying to lose weight then a meal replacement shake like Lean Shake Plus might be the best choice for you.
Meal replacement shakes can often be poor quality, so always read the nutrition panel. One of the tricks that some companies use when marketing meal replacement shakes is to promote the overall nutritional value and overlook the serving size.
The best meal replacement shake should deliver a complete serve of protein in a reasonable serving size along with the other added nutritional ingredients. The best meal replacement shake should not rip you off either – always check the cost per serve! To help you out we have provided a useful comparison chart below.
We’ve done the hard work for you, to provide the below comparison of Lean Shake Plus with other popular meal replacement shakes including Optifast, Optislim, The Man Shake and Healthy Mummy.
We’ll let the numbers do the talking here. Compare the serving size, cost per serve, and protein content per 100g. VPA Lean Shake Plus is a higher protein and better value meal replacement product than others on the market.
There are several companies that market shakes specifically for men, however these are no better to others on the market, and are far more expensive. The best meal replacement shake for men is VPA Lean Shake Plus due to its high protein, and value for money.
Most meal replacement shakes specifically targeting for women market their products based on their perceived health benefits and being “wholesome”. Again, these products are no better to any others on the market, and are generally lower in protein and far more expensive. The best meal replacement shake for women is Lean Shake Plus due to its high protein, and value for money.
When made into a shake, meal replacement powders taste a bit like flavoured milk or a milkshake. Lean Shake Plus comes in three delicious flavours: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.
One serve of Lean Shake Plus is a lot bigger than WPC or WPI as this is a blended protein product. One serve is 60g or two scoops. One bag of muscle gainer has 17 serves. The carbohydrate powders in meal replacement powders have a tendency to settle over time, so for accuracy, we recommend you weigh each serve using a set of scales to make sure you are not using too much or too little.
Lean Shake Plus can be mixed with either water or milk. Please be aware that the nutrition information of our Lean Shake Plus does not take into account the nutrition content of the product you mix it with, so don’t forget to take that into account if you are counting macros and/or calories.
Lean Shake Plus is specifically made to be used as a meal replacement. You can use it instead of your usual breakfast, lunch or dinner meal. For those that are after additional nutrition and not concerned with losing weight, it can be used as a nutritious snack in between meals. You can also use Lean Shake Plus as a recovery drink after exercise. The protein in it will assist muscle repair and building, and the carbohydrate will start the refuelling process.
All our protein powders and other products are blended and packed at the VPA export-grade production facility in North Brisbane.
|Per Serve||Per 100g|
Total Fat (g)
Saturated Fat (g)
Total Carbohydrates (g)
Vitamins and Minerals
0.85mg (50% RDI)
3.5mg (35% RDI)
74.7ug (37% RDI)
0.7mg (45% RDI)
1mg (50% RDI)
16.6mg (42% RDI)
3.3ug (33% RDI)
3.6mg (36% RDI)
400mg (50% RDI)
64.4ug (43% RDI)
3.3mg (27% RDI)
113mg (35% RDI)
500mg (50% RDI)
4.2mg (35% RDI)
4.6ug (15% ESADDI)
0.6 mg (12% ESADDI)
29.8ug (37% ESADDI)
27.7ug (14% ESADDI)
415ug (14% ESADDI)
693ug (14% ESADDI)
34.6ug (14% ESADDI)
17.5ug (25% RDI)
Total Amino Acid Profile
Aspartic Acid (mg)
Glutamic Acid (mg)
Add 2 scoops to 400ml of low-fat milk. Stir or shake for 20 seconds, or until completely dispersed.
Serving size: 60 grams
Skim Milk Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Maltodextrin, Oat Flour, Flavours, Cocoa*, Minerals (Calcium Phosphate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Glycinate, Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride and Sodium Selenite), Xanthan Gum, Green Tea Extract, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Steviol Glycosides, Vitamins (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12), Natural Colour.
*Cocoa has included in chocolate and caramel based flavours.
**Natural Colour – Yellow contains beta-carotene, Red contains Anthocyanins
Coffee flavours CONTAIN CAFFEINE equivalent to approximately 20mg per serve.
NOTE: Nutritional information may vary depending on flavour.
Contains ingredients from milk, soy and gluten products.
The Ingredient Breakdown
- Oat Flour: Oat Flour is a healthy source of dietary fibre which may also reduce heart disease risk. This high-quality carbohydrate supplies the body with energy throughout the whole day.
- Whey Protein Concentrate: Sourced from premium New Zealand and Australian Grass Fed cattle, VPA’s WPC delivers your body the ideal supply of protein to start the day. With a protein percentage of approximately 80% and very low fat and carbohydrate levels (only 0.7g and 1.5g respectively), VPA’s WPC is extracted using ultra-filtration processes ensuring the protein is left in its most natural form.
- Whey Protein Isolate: Recognised as one of the purest forms of protein, VPA’s Grass Fed WPI has the highest protein percentage (90+) with the lowest fats and carbohydrates, allowing it to be absorbed almost instantly into your bloodstream. Approximately 30-minute peak muscle saturation.
- Minerals: VPA’s Meal Replacement is full of minerals including, Calcium, Hydrogen Phosphate Hydrate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Glycinate, Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Chromic Chloride and Sodium Selenite.
- MCT: MCT or Medium Chain Triglycerides are a form of fat that provides an easily digested, calorie-dense energy source. MCTs are unique in that, and unlike other fats, the body metabolises them more like a carbohydrate than a fat –, MCT provides lots of energy, very quickly. MCT is great for anyone following a low- carbohydrate diet as it has an incredible ability to promote ketones in the bloodstream, which then utilises fat for energy.
- Vitamins: VPA’s Meal Replacement is full of vitamins including, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12. Maltodextrin: Maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate made from corn, rice or potato.